Saturday, June 18, 2011

Green/Red Smoothies


I've heard a lot about green smoothies lately and after joining
the health kick with overnight oatmeal, I thought I'd give it a whirl.
My smoothie didn't turn out so green--I like berries.
But it was yummy. And really great for me.
Spinach and berries, surprising.


It looked so pretty in my blender. And although it took awhile
for my little guy to blend it all up-- it was worth it.
I added a bit more berries because I wanted to mask the taste
of spinach, but I don't think you need it.

2 cups of Spinach
1 cup of mixed berries
frozen banana
a little water or juice

Here is a few other recipes that I'll be trying.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Laura Wynn said...

mm, these smoothies are my favorite! love, love them. Glad you tried it!

Baby Sister said...

Hmmm, those look super nummy!!

Anna said...

mmm...lots of fiber, antioxidants and with a touch of protein. mmmm :)