Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving-Grinch

Did I ever tell you that Thanksgiving is one of my least
favorite holidays?

First of all, it is a PAINFUL holiday. You eat too much.
(Well, I do because I have no self-control.)
You feel guilty for eating too much and oh boy do you hurt
from eating too much. And then you have to lay around with
your pants cutting off the circulation to your legs and act like you
are enjoying yourself when really all you want to do is find your
stretchy pants and a dark, comfy corner to recuperate in.

Second of all, I hate the fact that sometimes it is the only time of
year we mention what we are grateful for.

But mostly its because I have no self-control.

So, in my Thanksgiving-Grinch attitude I am skipping over
Thanksgiving in my blog (at least maybe till tomorrow) and moving right
on to Christmas. A couple of us decorated my apartment all
holiday-like. I love it and the warm cozy feeling that
lights, balls, and different colors cast everywhere.

IMG_0463 copy
IMG_0482
IMG_0504 copy

One of my favorite movies to watch at this time of year is
Home Alone. Towards the end of the movie a scene takes place
in the chapel; it is Christmas time and the two lonely characters are
seated next to each other. The boy, played by McCaulay Culkin, has
been left at home alone by his family accidentally. The older man is a
neighbor who lives by himself. The boy asks him if he has any family.
The gentleman explains that he and his son have parted ways and no longer
talk. Kevin blurts out," Why don't you just call your son and tell him you are
sorry and invite him home for Christmas."

The old man explains he is afraid. He is afraid of failing to express
his love and voice an apology.

A little while later, Kevin looks out the window and sees his neighbor
welcoming his returning son. Son embraces father, and the old man
hugs him tenderly. There is so much forgiveness and love.
IMG_0514

I am wishing you a happy time with your loved ones.
Don't eat too much and enjoy the holiday!

3 comments:

Baby Sister said...

I shall TRY not to eat too much... :) Love the pictures!! I bet your apartment looks amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I love the one of the ornaments next to the vertical stripes of color.
And . . . I love Home Alone!! I haven't seen it in years, but I have to somehow con my husband into sitting down with me and watching it. =)

Laura Wynn said...

aw, what gorgeous shots! Happy-skipping-over-Thanksgiving to you :)